Hi there friends, It’s Milly 🙂 Howdy!
Since it’s been a minute I wanted to start by sharing with you why I’m doing this whole blog thing in the first place. Here are seven reasons I write.
- LOVE: The love of Christ compels me and writing is a way to extend that love to you, my friend. “To make you feel my love” lol Nah seriously I want you to be wrapped up in His love and to know just how deep, how magnificent it is to be known, chosen, accepted and loved, truly. To be whole! I’ve been broken but I’ve been mended and continue to be enraptured in His unfailing love.
- IDENTITY IN CHRIST: Many people go through various Identity and other crisis and are struggling to know where to turn. Has that ever been you? My heart breaks for the people hurting in the world who suffer in silence. I want you to know you’re not alone and give you small rays of hope during the weak/week. Admit it we all feel weak sometimes.
- MINISTRY/MARRIAGE: Marriage is a ministry. I’m sure many of you want to do it well but for some, there’s a slight hitch, we’re not married yet (SIGH) I want to provide a platform for sharing our married/not yet married pointers for personal and spiritual growth and development for the single heart. Let’s build and prepare for marriage in advance, or encourage those who already are. Breaking every form of idolatry surrounding marriage or relationships but instead seeking to do it God’s way. Cultivating a heart that is passionate about serving others regardless of our status. WHAT COULD BE WRONG WITH THAT?
- SELF ESTEEM: In the last days, people will be lovers of self, are you self-involved and have a hard time getting over yourself enough to care about anyone else? Okay maybe that’s harsh or it’s not as obvious or straightforward as that. Perhaps you never understood what it really means to view yourself rightfully. I want us to fight against misplaced self-appraisal and share on biblical self-esteem, confidence and Identity in Christ.
- PURPOSE: Have you ever wondered what your purpose in life was here on Earth? I discovered my determined purpose for this season a while ago and since then I have been excited to help others find theirs. Let’s explore this topic here.
- FRIENDSHIP: Friendship is also a ministry. Does it always come easy? There are associates, there are frienenemies (enemies), there’s framily (friends who are family), and there’s just indifferent. With so many varying personality types how can we develop friendship skills and truly represent “iron sharpening iron?”
- EXCELLENCE: Are you the type to do what needs to be done before having to be asked? Do you go the extra mile when completing a task? Is everything you do for God’s glory? Or are you more of a sluggard, that lazy sort who keeps putting things off? Do you have that entrepreneurial drive that continues to dream big and steadily grind?
As I start this new chapter for Meek Milly’s Musings I hope that these posts find you well, I pray that God would encourage your heart as you go forth bravely through all that life offers. I pray that together we can learn what it means to love genuinely. To put on the new nature that Jesus fought so hard for us to have. I pray that the next few months are positively impactful in your life as God’s plans and purposes bring you to the hope and future he is journeying you to. The African proverb says “if you want to go fast go alone but if you want to go far go together.” I feel strongly about us going together so would you join me?
I promise to try my best to be consistent and to always be sensitive to you my friend.
2 Corinthians 5:14-15 Amplified Bible (AMP)
14 For the love of Christ controls and compels us, because we have concluded this, that One died for all, therefore all died; 15 and He died for all, so that all those who live would no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and was raised for their sake.